Sunday, April 26, 2015

Whale Watching

Crushed the game at Eagle earlier for a much needed win after a grueling downswing of almost half my bankroll in my previous two sessions.

One of my Top 5 (City) Whales shows up. This guy doesn't look like he really has money, but he's got enough to keep short stacking himself into a game and more than enough crazy to frequently run a 1k stack on the regular. I don't know this guy's name, though the second result on my google search of famous whale names was the 1970 Exploding Whale incident, and considering that's right about his age range and what's going to happen to his chip stack we've got a clear winner!

Eagle 1-2 NLHE I'm in the cutoff sidelining this hand, UTG (very tight player, but deserves far more credit than he's ever really given) raises to 5 lunatic raises to 15, Exploding Whale calls 15, UTG raises to 75, lunatic insta-ships for 350~, EWhale calls with zero hesitation (having maybe 230 remaining behind), UTG takes a minute plus and lays down KK. EWhale's got AA vs the lunatic's TT, 4T4 brick brick GG on the no lose scenario. Second time I've seen this tight guy (UTG) fold KK pre, but the other time was in a AA vs KK vs QQ hand where he was in the SB vs good players, this has got to be the most impressive KK pre-fold I've ever seen.

Later on I've chipped up pretty decently, been picking up some big hands and holding. My stack's the better part of a thousand in front of me, EWhale's on my immediate right and he's got a little less than me. I haven't really started abusing him yet, but I've been looking forward to opportunities to for at least an hour.

CO a few people limp and EWhale raises to 5, I look at TT and lol minraise to 8 immediately looking at the guy on my left who appreciates my sense of humor to re-click to 11 so I can pop it to 14 if it does. He folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls, +1 calls, EWhale JUST CALLS to my LOL WEAKNESS declaration.

K4Kss, check's round to me with nothing to raise my suspicion that I shouldn't continue here. I know pretty much everyone here and SB + UTG are set mining virtually all the time here. UTG is crazy but he's not checking trips, and probably not checking a strong flush draw. EWhale is almost always limping the 95% of his range that's pure shit right now. The pot's like $45-50 MAYBE, no problem I bet $65, fold-fold-fold-EWhale calls *ERK* he's the only one capable of reliably showing up with a King here, let's hope it's a good looking turn.

K4KT *MOTHERFUCKING-DING!!!!! FUCK YEAH!* EWhale checks, and in sizing him up I don't think he's at all upset with where he's standing. I bet $175, guy doesn't even sweat it and calls. I'm trying not to count his stack already since now I've bloated the pot up to $550~ and he's sitting on under $450. In my experience with this guy he's never capable of not paying me off for the rest of his stack unless he's got absolutely nothing in his hand.

K4KT4 rainbow Fuck-Me there's not much worse than that for river cards. EWhale seems upset too and checks, I try to come up with a reason to bet and immediately dismiss that notion, check. EWhale flips over AA WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT? Wow he plays bad at nearly every opportunity to do so, shame about that river card. But it's a funny story at least.

Man it's a huge relief to pick up today's win after my last two sessions. Here's hoping I can play as good or better tonight and build some momentum!

No comments:

Post a Comment