Sunday, June 7, 2015

Ravenous

I've been repeatedly redlined over the last six weeks every time I've set chips on the felts. Yesterday was exceptionally frustrating as I hadn't played in close to three weeks, I can't even remember the last time I took that long a break... But that doesn't matter. Math is the language of nature, and nature doesn't give the slightest shred of a fuck about your story. I'm not playing the short game, I'm committed to the long one.

In reflection, I regret nothing. I will not look for further validation, and I will not look for someone to hear another sad story so that I may feel better. I have never been a better poker player than I am currently, and my competitive drive is as hungry as it's ever been. I will make sacrifices away from the game, so that I can later enjoy the rewards that come with commitment to discipline.

No comments:

Post a Comment