Monday, November 2, 2015

Dear Diary... Jackpot!

After taking a few days away from the game about two weeks ago I got back at it, and hard. Between the previous Friday through this past Saturday (yesterday as of this entry), I clocked 64.5 hours playing. I certainly had a few decent runs in that span and only had two sessions where I was unable to overcome running bad. In the end I absolutely feel that this past week was absolutely some of my best poker played to date. By no means flawless, though I was able to make note of many situations/details I'd like to fix in the near/immediate future.

Much of the time played this past week was in PLO8 inclusive DC, and it seems as though I've managed to finally sell this game to many of the previously uninterested players who would frequently be in the normal DC game. "High/Low Werewolf" definitely sounds silly, and it definitely might be too little too soon... Call me ambitious.

There was a series of tournament events running in at CA$H, which is why I spent so much of my time there waiting for opportunities to play High/Low, now that that's concluded I certainly look forward to catching up on putting in some hours playing straight hold'em again. Outside of settling back into a more reasonable "monkey lifestyle" again, I really need to actively improve my ability to relax. Today I've been taking that to heart, and I'd like to continue to try and unwind tomorrow, but I definitely need to do more than just not play one day or two here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment