Thursday, February 12, 2015

Tournament Series Trends

So DF has been running their winter series over the last two weeks and I've always found the adjustments in players choices in destination interesting. As a rule of thumb if there's a series or any significant draw for poker players to one room vs the others, I always default my selection to that location. I'm hardly alone in this perspective, but there are a few noteworthy deviations.

The 2-5 game has seemed to be on hiatus at least during late night. Most of the 2-5 Regs have been favoring GE's "2-5 with a 1-2 title" since a $500 max buy is generally more exploitable to try and leverage their bankroll and aggression advantages.

One regular grinder who in my observation would normally be playing in DF has been in my room steady whenever I've been at work. I asked him why actively avoid a surge in players in what his normal environment would be and said he isn't a big fan of tournament players.

I suppose I shouldn't find that especially surprising. I'd normally expect that pretty much any winning player to enjoy having a boost in activity where they'd normally play. At further inspection pretty conservative winning players that don't enjoy adjusting their play aren't that likely to be the players capitalizing the most from the busier room.

No comments:

Post a Comment