Tuesday, February 10, 2015

A few thoughts to reflect on...

Feeling like my "pickup an edge and push the pressure" game has mostly been as sharp as I've ever had it. Though I have been earning relatively steadily, I'm only ahead a bit due to some large hands shaking down unfavorably. Keep it going, those 3:1 & 4:1 favored spots are going to be sweet as fuck when they eventually do hold.

I've been gaining a little bit of weight. I mean I'm still under 20% body fat (although it's probably getting to be a small margin of error at this point), although I have to change something up or I think I'm probably going to continue slowly fattening up... Unacceptable. Keep making little changes in cleaning up the daily diet, and knock off the sippy cup workouts. Lifting for single sets and then allowing distractions to take over is stupid.

It's been over 15 months since I've had a sustained change of scenery when it comes to poker. "Deer hunting" is about the closest change of environment I've had in the last year, but that's basically just one day at a time here and there. Their insanity is beautiful, but I don't feel like I'm learning from that experience like I have when I've had a week or even a weekend to really grind out a completely new city's room(s).

The time's not right for Vegas, although I will make that happen before the end of 2015. I'd like to include either a week working trip to either Arizona or back to Vancouver, but until I make serious bankroll progress that's not a intelligent decision to make.

A few days ago I was reflecting on some of the parallels of how I see playing poker presently, and my experiences online (video) gaming in years past. I really succeeded in the social networking element of knowing "the who's who" in my gaming environment, and currently I'd say I've been quite successful at building a similar network of individuals in the greater Calgary poker scene without having put a lot of energy into thinking about doing that. It's time to consciously put effort into expanding that network, as well as do a better job of having some of those players let me know when there's a game I have to get into.

No comments:

Post a Comment