Friday, April 7, 2017

A few times in the past two months I've been positively impacted by seeing someone inside/around poker who I hadn't seen in some time, and they were genuinely happy to see that I'm doing well. I've always held the perspective that even though the nature of the game requires a "there can be only one" approach, it's so beneficial to be your most friendly self when in the long run. These side encounters to my poker were really rewarding to know that it's because I'm not unpleasant to be at a table gambling with.

I've not been especially (poker) active in the last year. In reflecting on various parts of my life, specifically many aspects of the poker lifestyle I was living were either unsustainable, or even undesirable to want to continue to have in my life moving forward. Poker is still so important to me that I'd struggle to put a measurable value on it, and having a greater understanding on why has helped light the way ahead for several of my goals.

I haven't been happy that I've allowed myself to not write for so long. Not for this blog, or content for something else. I'm not happy that I haven't used this form of composing your thoughts. So write more, for your brain's sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment